Linguistically talented students will participate in activities and events to broaden their own language perspectives as well as promote language learning to the THS community and beyond.
World Language Honor Society Guidelines
These guidelines are for honor society membership in French, Italian, Spanish or Latin :
- Student must be a junior or a senior enrolled in level III (Italian and Latin) or level IV (Spanish and French) or above.
- Student must demonstrate :
- Academic Excellence
- Integrity (honesty, responsibility, respect for school rules)
- School/Community Service
· Overall school wide GPA must be at least 3.3 (B+) as of the end of 3rd quarter for the year of recommendation.
World Language Academic Criteria for Induction into an Honor Society based on national guidelines:
If you study Italian or Latin (ACP)
· ALL marking period gradesfor 7 consecutive quarters starting from level II or higher must be A- or higher, including the mid-term and final exams, leading up to the time of honor society recommendations (after the 7th quarter).
If you study Italian or Latin (Honors)
· Student must have a Final Grade (FG) from the previous year (starting from level II) of an A- or higher.
· Student must have an A- average or higher at the time of honor society recommendation (this includes the marking period grades and midterm exam).