Procedures For Special Requests/Corrections
As a result of input from parents and the community, all requests for bus stop changes and/or complaints regarding bus transportation must be made in writing. The Transportation Action Report form can be filed on-line or downloaded in pdf format. It is also available in the schools and at the Transportation Department at 6254 Main Street, Trumbull.
Traditionally the Transportation Department receives hundreds of requests. A request or complaint submitted in writing will be acknowledged, after receipt, within 48 hours. Emergencies will be handled immediately. However, it may take up to several weeks before some problems can be resolved and implemented. Temporary additional staff will be available to assist with problems that may arise regarding the transportation of our students.
Bus Protocol for Students And Drivers
- Drivers will have temperature checks prior to morning and afternoon bus runs.
- Drivers and students will be required to wear masks at all times. Students should be wearing a face mask or face covering prior to boarding the bus.
- Students will board and be seated back to front to minimize student contact.
- Bus monitors will be assigned to elementary school buses for 3 to 4 weeks. They will distribute hand sanitizer to students and ensure students remain seated.
- Seats, windows and high touch areas on buses will be cleaned by drivers between runs.
- Buses will be deep cleaned at the end of each day.
- We anticipate lower ridership on buses as schools will reopen at 50% capacity. Parents are encouraged to drive their students to allow for social distancing among students.