Reopening our schools 2020-2021
UPDATE: Starting with Wednesday, March 24, students began returning to school on Wednesday. Starting on March 29, all middle school students were allowed to return to school without cohorts. THS came back full and in-person on April 26
The Trumbull Public Schools are committed to the safety and well-being of our students and staff. We recognize that our public schools play a vital role in supporting our students and our parents. The opportunities for academic growth that we provide are essential. However, the opportunities for social and emotional growth are equally important at this time. For these reasons we will do our best to open schools and keep them open.
COVID-19 is a health emergency and therefore we will take guidance from experts in the field of health, especially experts of infectious disease. The Connecticut Department of Public Health (DPH) developed a set of primary and secondary metrics adapted from the Harvard Global Institute and supplemented with existing DPH measures. These metrics will be reviewed weekly by the Superintendent of Schools, Director of Nursing, Medical Advisor and the DPH to guide the decision making process as it relates directly to our learning plan. You may find the most recent indicator metrics here.
The Trumbull Public Schools has developed three models for teaching and learning in 20-21:
Plan A – In-School, Traditional Learning
Plan B – Hybrid Setting
Plan C – Remote/Distance Learning
COVID-19 Health and Safety Compliance Liaison:
Dr. Martin J. Semmel, Superintendent of Schools
Technology Help Desk
This IT Request Form can be used for all parents who need devices to access digital content, as well as technical assistance with digital devices, such as repair of an existing Chromebook or password resets; someone from the Technology Department will follow up with you when your request has been fulfilled.
If you are looking to enroll your child in our PreK program please call the TECEC school office at 203-452-4422.
Trumbull Public schools have now moved to an online registration system for all new students enrolling in K-12. It is recommended that you complete the online registration form from a laptop, desktop, or tablet computer and not a cell phone. We are currently accepting registrations online for this current school year as well as for the September 2021 - June 2022 school year. To begin the registration process, please click the “Begin Registration Now” button below. When completing your registration form, please be sure you select the correct year: September 2021 - June 2022 (Next Year) or September 2020 - June 2021 (Current Year) based on when your child is enrolling in the Trumbull Public Schools.
Please note that Kindergarten for September 2021 - June 2022 is open to children born on or before January 1, 2017.
Please direct all questions to the Office of the Assistant Superintendent at 203-452-4348.
Forms - Required
During the registration process you will be prompted to upload parent/guardian identification, Birth Certificate, proof of residency, and health record information. Below is a list of documentation that will be required during your registration process.
Please gather the necessary paperwork prior to beginning your online registration. If you are unable to upload all documents during the registration process, you will be able to submit your registration form; however, your child’s enrollment will not be fully processed until all documentation has been received.
Trumbull Board of Education
6254 Main St
Trumbull, CT 06611
- Personal Identification of parent/guardian (e.g., driver’s license, passport)
- Birth Certificate of child
- Copy of Property Field Card (available at Town Tax Assessor's Office, Town Hall- no fee), Warranty Deed, Mortgage Invoice or Tax Invoice plus
- current utility bill (water, electric, gas, cable or sewer)
- Non-Homeowners (renters, families living with relatives, or any non-permanent situations)
- Appendix A-Residency Affidavit Form - Notarized
- Current lease/rental agreement signed by the landlord with landlord's contact number
- Two current utility bills (electric, gas, water or cable) or Invoices (ex: Cel Phone, car tax, car insurance, bank Statement, credit card Invoice)
- Guardianship (Homeowner or Non-Homeowner)
- Complete steps above for either Homeowner or Non-Homeowner status
- Appendix B -Form #1- Parent's Affidavit Child Not Living with Either Parent, signed and notarized - Call for copy of form
- Appendix B -Form #2 -Guardian's Affidavit Child Not Living with Either
- Parent, signed and notarized - Call for copy of form
- Copy of the court order or appointing authority document
- Medical/Health - Students will not be able to begin school without proof of up-to-date immunizations and a completed State of CT Health Assessment.
- Release of Records - Please complete this form if your child has attended a previous school so that we may obtain copies of their educational records.
Trumbull Accessibility Statement
Updated: November 2019.
Trumbullps.org strives to ensure that its services are accessible to people with disabilities. Trumbullps.org has invested a significant amount of resources to help ensure that its website is made easier to use and more accessible for people with disabilities, with the strong belief that every person has the right to live with dignity, equality, comfort and independence.
Accessibility on Trumbullps.org
Trumbullps.org makes available the UserWay Website Accessibility Widget that is powered by a dedicated accessibility server. The software allows Trumbullps.org to improve its compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1).
Enabling the Accessibility Menu
The Trumbullps.org accessibility menu can be enabled by clicking the accessibility menu icon that appears on the corner of the page. After triggering the accessibility menu, please wait a moment for the accessibility menu to load in its entirety.
Trumbullps.org continues its efforts to constantly improve the accessibility of its site and services in the belief that it is our collective moral obligation to allow seamless, accessible and unhindered use also for those of us with disabilities.
Despite our efforts to make all pages and content on Trumbullps.org fully accessible, some content may not have yet been fully adapted to the strictest accessibility standards. This may be a result of not having found or identified the most appropriate technological solution.
Here For You
|Professional Memberships & Associations:|