- Community Service
Core Values and Beliefs Statement
The Trumbull High School Community, which engages in an environment conducive to learning, believes that all students will read and write effectively, therefore communicating in an articulate and coherent manner. All students will participate in activities that address problem-solving through critical thinking. Students will use technology as a tool in decision making. We believe that by fostering self-confidence, self-directed and student-centered activities, we will encourage independent thinking and learning. We believe ethical conduct to be paramount in sustaining our welcoming school climate.
Community Service -
All students are required to perform Community Service as a part of graduation.Your community service requirement can be accomplished in the following manner:
1. You select an area of interest where you would like to provide volunteer time
2. Check with the director of that activity
3. Pick up a slip in your Guidance office and the director of the activity will complete it after you have finished your service hours.
4. Please bring your sheets to guidance, place in your folder and add to your tally sheet also in your folder.
5. Any questions see your counselor
6. If you have any unique type of service that you are willing to provide, that is not affiliated with an organization, please stop to see Mr. Broccolo in C House or Mrs. Timpanelli, in C House for approval.
7. Graduation Requirement: A minimum of 1 documented hour per year
Explanation of Rubric Measurement
In order to achieve the status of “EXEMPLARY” every year a student must complete forty (40) to sixty (60) hours of Community Service. This is a stellar level of achievement and indicative of the effort and dedication of the student.
In order to achieve the status of “PROFICIENT” every year a student must complete twenty (20) to thirty-nine (39) hours of Community Service. This is reflective of the unyielding commitment to serve that is instilled in the student.
In order to achieve the status of “NEEDS IMPROVEMENT” (minimum level of acceptability) every year a student must complete from one (1) to nineteen (19) hours of Community Service. This is the minimum number of hours to comply with the graduation requirement.
In order to achieve the status of “UNACCEPTABLE” the student has not completed any Community Service hours. The student will not graduate.
Any questions, please call Mr. Broccolo, 452-4521 at Trumbull High School.